Oppo’s Enco series of true wireless earphones has been making waves, and its latest offering, the Oppo Enco Air 3 Pro, continues to build on this success. Priced at Rs. 4,999, this model aims to deliver a host of improvements over its predecessor, the Enco Air 2 Pro. With advanced Bluetooth codec support and bamboo-fiber diaphragms for the drivers, the Enco Air 3 Pro promises a superior listening experience. But does it live up to the expectations? Let’s dive into this review.
Evolving Design and Features
The Oppo Enco Air 3 Pro maintains the sleek design that the series is known for. Although there aren’t any drastic changes from its predecessor, a fresh green color option adds a touch of novelty. The earpieces are ergonomically designed for comfort and effectiveness, featuring an in-canal fit that enables active noise cancellation. The touch controls, however, could be more intuitive, as the small touch area sometimes leads to accidental inputs.
With an IP55 rating, the earphones are resistant to dust and water, making them suitable for workouts and light rain. The charging case is functional and simple, housing the earpieces securely.
Advanced Features and Customization
The Enco Air 3 Pro offers a range of features that can be customized to suit your preferences. The HeyMelody app provides access to these features on both iOS and Android devices. Within the app, you can adjust equalizer presets, ANC levels, and even enable multi-point connectivity for up to two devices. The app-based Oppo Alive Audio and Golden Sound features enhance the overall audio experience.
Performance and Sound Quality
The standout feature of the Enco Air 3 Pro is its support for the LDAC Bluetooth codec, which greatly enhances sound quality, particularly on Android devices. The bamboo fiber diaphragms contribute to a balanced and detailed sound profile, rare in the budget true wireless segment. The Golden Sound enhancement further refines the audio, adapting it to your hearing characteristics.
The soundstage is commendable, providing spatial virtualization and depth to the listening experience. The bass is controlled and well-balanced, avoiding the excessive punchiness often found in similarly priced earphones. The mid-range, while slightly recessed, remains clear and enjoyable. However, the highs can sometimes be sharp at higher volumes.
Active Noise Cancellation and Battery Life
The active noise cancellation on the Enco Air 3 Pro is effective for basic noise reduction, making it suitable for indoor use. The in-canal fit also contributes to noise isolation. The battery life is reasonable, offering around 4 hours of listening per charge cycle, with a total runtime of approximately 17-18 hours.
Comparing to Competitors
In a market bustling with true wireless earphone options, the Oppo Enco Air 3 Pro faces competition from several notable players. One such contender is the OnePlus Nord Buds 2, which offers impressive sound quality, ANC capabilities, and a sleek design. Similarly, the Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro boasts advanced features, including intelligent ANC and a comfortable fit.
Another rival is the Sony WF-XB700, known for its extra bass and reliable connectivity. The Jabra Elite 75t is also a strong competitor, delivering excellent sound quality and customizable controls. While each of these competitors offers unique strengths, the Oppo Enco Air 3 Pro’s blend of advanced codec support, detailed sound profile, and competitive pricing make it a compelling choice for discerning audio enthusiasts.
In the realm of budget true wireless earphones, the Oppo Enco Air 3 Pro faces some stiff competition from other players vying for the attention of audio enthusiasts. Let’s take a look at some of the notable competitors in this segment:
1. Oppo Enco Air 2 Pro: As a predecessor to the Enco Air 3 Pro, the Enco Air 2 Pro is a natural contender for comparison. While it lacks some of the advanced features like LDAC support and bamboo-fiber diaphragms, it still offers commendable sound quality and active noise cancellation. The Enco Air 2 Pro is an attractive option for those looking for a budget-friendly choice without compromising on audio performance.
2. OnePlus Nord Buds 2: OnePlus is another well-known player in the audio arena, and the Nord Buds 2 is a compelling alternative to consider. Offering a combination of excellent sound quality and effective noise cancellation, the Nord Buds 2 delivers a balanced audio experience. The pricing is competitive, making it an appealing option for those seeking value for money.
3. Realme Buds Air 2 Pro: Realme, known for its feature-packed offerings, brings the Buds Air 2 Pro to the table. Equipped with active noise cancellation and a transparent mode for ambient sound, these earphones aim to deliver a comprehensive audio experience. With customizable touch controls and a focus on bass-heavy sound, the Realme Buds Air 2 Pro caters to those who enjoy thumping beats.
4. Mi True Wireless Earphones 3 Pro: Xiaomi’s Mi True Wireless Earphones 3 Pro enters the arena with adaptive noise cancellation and excellent battery life. Sporting impressive sound quality, these earphones offer strong competition to the Enco Air 3 Pro. The design is sleek and modern, making them an appealing choice for both audio quality and aesthetics.
5. JBL Free II: JBL’s Free II true wireless earphones are renowned for their brand reputation and sound quality. With a focus on delivering powerful bass and clear vocals, the Free II offers an enjoyable listening experience. While the feature set might not be as extensive as some other options, the audio performance remains a strong selling point.
Choosing the Right Fit
With a diverse range of competitors, each catering to different preferences and priorities, the choice ultimately comes down to individual preferences. Whether you prioritize advanced features, sound quality, or design, the budget true wireless earphones segment has something for everyone.
The Oppo Enco Air 3 Pro positions itself as a worthy contender, offering a blend of advanced features, enhanced sound quality, and an ergonomic design. While it faces competition from other notable options, its combination of LDAC support, bamboo-fiber diaphragms, and customizable features set it apart from the pack. As you explore the market, consider your own audio preferences and priorities to make an informed decision that aligns with your needs and expectations.
With a growing number of options and technological advancements in the audio space, the budget true wireless earphones segment continues to evolve, promising improved audio experiences and enhanced value for users across the board.
Extending Device Life with GoWarranty
With the fast-paced evolution of technology, ensuring the longevity of your devices becomes crucial. GoWarranty offers extended warranty services that allow you to use your gadgets and appliances without worries. With comprehensive coverage and an efficient claim process, GoWarranty minimizes repair costs and extends the life of your devices. We are a trusted provider of extended warranty services for a wide range of gadgets and appliances. Our commitment to delivering the best performance aims to provide peace of mind to customers, allowing them to focus on what truly matters in their lives.
As you consider the Oppo Enco Air 3 Pro for an enhanced audio experience, remember that GoWarranty can help you protect your valuable devices, making sure you enjoy them for years to come.
The Oppo Enco Air 3 Pro continues the brand’s tradition of delivering quality audio experiences. While it comes at a slightly higher price point compared to its predecessors, the enhancements in sound quality, advanced features, and design justify the investment. It’s a strong contender in the budget true wireless earphones segment, offering performance that competes with more expensive options. Although there are other alternatives worth considering, such as the Oppo Enco Air 2 Pro and OnePlus Nord Buds 2, the Enco Air 3 Pro stands out as a solid choice for those seeking an upgraded audio experience.