Nowadays, microwaves are a part of our day-to-day kitchen needs. They have become a part of everyday life. There are three main types of Microwave Ovens: Solo, Grill, and Convection. These three differ in features, watts, and price.
Solo Microwave Ovens are usually utilized for simple cooking and are basic microwave models. Furthermore, they are primarily for heating or simple cooking. These entry-level microwaves can defrost, cook or reheat. It cannot grill or bake, like some other microwaves. Anyone with basic microwave needs should opt for this microwave. There are no special features available. One can only use heat-safe glass or plastic in these microwaves. One can heat tea, coffee, minute pasta, or any sort of simple food in them. Though these microwaves can cook bigger food, they do not give the same flavors as a Convection or Grill microwave.
- Solo Microwaves have the least features out of the three available microwaves. They usually have weighted defrost, express cooking, and quick-start options. They also have timers and digital clocks. Some might have child-proof locks.
- Solo microwaves have a range of 550-1500 watts for domestic microwaves. The usual range is 1000 watts. Watts and oven capacity together decide the price of the microwave. Hence, higher watts and oven capacity lead to a high price.
- The amount of space inside a microwave is called Oven Capacity. The measurement is in a cubic foot. It is measured by multiplying the length, width, and height, consequently, the volume.
- Usually, solo microwaves have an oven capacity from 0.5 – 2.5 cubic feet.
- Solo Microwaves are usually present on countertops. They are best for small or medium families.
Best Solo Microwave available in India: IFB 17 L Solo Microwave Oven
Grill Microwave Ovens are equipped additionally with several grilling features. Moreover, Grill Microwave Oven provides us with a grill taste without an actual outdoor grill. They have all the features of a Solo Microwave but can grill chicken, fish, steaks, you name it! They have solo grills, plus power grill, combo grill, turntable on/off, and lastly eco mode. Additionally, one can cook with the grill and microwave simultaneously due to the combo grilling feature. Hence, it will cook food faster. The grill heater and additional accessories allow food to be roasted, grilled, or toasted.
- They are slightly more expensive than Solo Microwaves but less expensive than Convection Microwaves.
- Grill Microwaves usually have between 900 and 1,700 watts. Moreover, Higher watts are imperative in these microwave ovens because the grilling flavor and cooking depend on it. Just like solo microwaves, the price increases with higher watts or capacity.
- The oven capacity for these microwaves is a little smaller than Solo microwaves. It can range between 1 and 2.5 cubic feet.
- Grill Microwave Ovens can be placed on a countertop, under a cabinet, or above a range. The mounted microwaves above the range can have additional features like fans, vents, and lights.
- These microwave ovens are usually present in commercial or residential kitchens.
Best Grill Microwave available in India: Bajaj 20 Litres Grill Microwave Oven (MTBX 2016, Black)
A Convection Microwave Oven usually has a fan and heating element to increase airflow inside the microwave. Also, these microwaves have all the functions of a Solo and Grill Microwave Oven with additional features. They can bake, grill, roast, crisp, or brown foods. Furthermore, One should purchase these ovens if one is looking for multiple uses. Convection Oven additional features include inverter technology, sensor reheating, premium glass door and keeps food warm with easy cleaning.
Features of Convection Microwave
- This oven range between 800 to 1,700 watts. With these ovens, watts are less important because the technology is different.
- Also, the Convection oven pushes heat with a fan, whereas, other microwaves bounce the watts back and forth inside the oven. Hence, there is less correlation between capacity, watts, and price.
- The oven capacity of these is the same as Grill ones. They usually range between 1 and 2 cubic feet.
- Moreover, Convection ones are either built-in, over the range, or on the countertop.
- Lastly, Convection Microwaves take into account the location, brand, finish, and features during pricing.
- It is not solely based on watts and capacity. The built-in option is the most expensive and can cost 4 times the amount of the countertop version.
We can find these microwaves in commercial kitchens and well-equipped domestic kitchens. Best Convection Microwave available in India: LG 32 L Convection Microwave Oven – MC3286BRUM
You probably were not aware before of the types of microwaves available. We hope this article gave you clarity and will assess you in buying the correct one. There are different kinds of types, sizes, and models of Ovens available for consumers. Always pay attention to the size and features before buying one!
GoWarranty provides extended warranty and repair services, so your appliances or devices keeps delivering the best performance and you can focus on what is important for you. We cover all electronic products and our protection plans are widely available across electronics stores and online marketplaces.